Firefighters respond to fireworks' fire

A member of the Gering Fire Department checks the roof of a home following a fire on Thursday afternoon. Fire Chief Nathan Flowers said the fire was caused by a firework that went off too close to the ground. Once arriving on scene, the crew had the fire knocked out within a few minutes. The home is currently vacant and sustained some structure damage but no one was injured in the fire.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.