Minatare Fire 3.jpg

Firfighters spray down a garage next to a house that caught fire on Monday in Minatare.

A Minatare man has been displaced from his home as a result of a fire Monday morning.

Minatare-Melbeta Rural Fire Department responded to a fire at a home in the 400 block of Avenue C at about 6:30 a.m., Minatare-Melbeta Rural Fire Chief Brian Lore told the Star-Herald. Gering and Scottsbluff Rural Fire Departments were called to provide mutual aid.

The fire started in a garage at the residence, but spread to the residence. Lore said that the northwest corner of the home sustained fire damage, while the rest of the home had been impacted by smoke damage. 

The garage, its contents and a vehicle that had been parked in front of it are a total loss, he said. Lore estimated a total of $20,000 to $25,000 in damages had been caused by the fire. 

Twenty-two firefighters from the three departments responded, he estimated.  

Carissa Smith, Firefighter Ministry, said the organization is providing food and hotel vouchers to assist the man.

 

 

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.