Scottsbluff Rural Fire and Scottsbluff Fire Department responded at about 12 a.m. to a fire on South Street.

Scottsbluff Rural Fire Department Chief Rusty Schaupp said that the cause of the fire has been determined to be electrical in nature, traced back to the system in the trailer.

The resident of the home, a man who was able to get out of the home safely, has been displaced. However, Schaupp said he indicated he would stay with family or friends in the aftermath of the fire.

Schaupp said damage estimates were not yet available.

Firefighters were on the scene for about an hour.

Firefighter Ministry is assisting the occupant of the home.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!

Maunette Loeks is the digital news editor of the Star-Herald. Contact her at 308-632-9054 or by email at mloeks@starherald.com.

Recommended for you