Billie Dean Morton was born Aug. 22, 1928 at home in Melbeta, NE to George William Morton and Minnie Arlene (Blanchard) Morton. He died at age 90, June 9, 2019 in Woodbury, MN.

In 1946, Bill graduated from Mitchell High School, Mitchell, NE. He enlisted in the United States Marine Corps, Denver, CO almost immediately. He completed training at San Diego and transferred to Marine Air Corps Air Station El Toro, in Santa Ana, CA. Bill was released from the Marines May 22, 1947.

Bill and Darlene Laray Andrews of Scottsbluff, NE were married May 28, 1949, in the large front yard of the Andrews farm, north of Scottsbluff. In the ensuing years, they had three children, Diane Lynn, Randall Dean, and Julie Kay.

Bill worked as a home builder for much of his career. He built 36 quality homes in Scottsbluff and the surrounding area. After retiring from building, Bill worked as a licensed realtor and then a broker before retiring in 1990. In 1999, he and Darlene moved to Woodbury, MN.

Bill was preceded in death by his parents, his brothers George, Robert, and Richard Morton; his sister Janice Morton Parkinson; his daughter-in-law Denise Renee Morton and son-in-law Randall Dappen, and nieces and nephews.

He is survived by his wife Darlene, his children Diane (Tim) Herman of Wauwatosa, WI; Randall Dean Morton, MD, of Fresno, CA; Julie Dappen of Woodbury, MN; his seven grandchildren, Heather (Sean) Ryan; Matthew (Kris) Herman; Brandon (Jessica) Morton; Levi (Tiffani) Morton, Spencer Morton; Tanner (Athena) Morton and Sarah (Dustin) Gray, nine great grandchildren; his brother Roger Morton of Colorado Springs, CO; his sister Jacqueline Maus of Lafayette, CO; and many loved nieces and nephews.

A service in remembrance of Bill was held June 15 in Woodbury, MN. Honorariums may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.

(0) entries

Sign the guestbook.

THANK YOU for helping us ensure that all guest book entries are positive and considerate. If you see a negative or inappropriate comment, please click on the link in the comment to report it, and a staff member will follow up immediately